[Ugrads] CS Mail #42: 4/17/17 {events, Microsoft, & more}

msalisbury msalisbury at cs.ucsb.edu
Mon Apr 17 16:08:46 PDT 2017

*---------------------------------------*

*SPRING Quarter Deadlines:*

*4/10-4/18: Pass 1 starts for SUMMER*

*4/21: absolutely LAST day to ADD*

*4/28: absolutely LAST day to DROP*

*5/19: absolutely LAST day to change grading option *

*5/29: Memorial Day, no instruction (3-day weekend yay)*

**

*See _here_ <http://registrar.sa.ucsb.edu/s.aspx> for the big list of
deadlines on the registrar’s website.*

*---------------------------------------*

CS Mail #43 Index:

1) Project opening from Prof Phill Conrad: Potential 192 credit

2) Spring 17 Career Services Events!!

3) ATTEND: $50 Abandoned Bike Sale from UCSB Police/CSOs *4/18 (TMRW)*

4) ATTEND: UCSB’s Mental Health Conference on April 23rd!

5) ATTEND: Female students are invited to WiCS (Women in Computer
Science) Coffee Hour 4/21, 1:30-2:30pm (See attachment)

6) ORG:HAAPI: Supporting Healthy Asian/Asian American Pacific Islanders
(spring quarter schedule attached)

**

7) ORG: GEEK WEEK is this week!! *4/17-4/21* (See attachment)

8) ORG: DataTalk: Dr. Seltmann on Ecological Restoration and
Biodiversity, sponsored by Data Science Club; *4/18 6pm Ucen Flying A
Studio*

9) VOLUNTEER: SciTrek Spring Sign-Ups

10) VOLUNTEER: Help at the Earth Day festival this weekend! 4/22-4/23

11) INDUSTRY: Amazon Alexa Hackathon

12) Summer Job: Teach STEM through NSF-funded Noyce CTPSE program (See
attachment)

13) INFO SESH: National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), *4/18,
11:30am, Flying A Studios UCEN (TMRW)*

14) INFO SESH: US Navy Info Session, All STEM, *4/19, 4:30pm, ESB 2003
*(See attachment)

15) INFO SESH: Microsoft holding Tech Talk on 4/25 and Office Hours 4/26
(See attachment)

16) JOTD: Can bees fly in the rain?

*---------------------------------------*

1) Project opening from Prof Phill Conrad: Potential 192 credit

A message from Phill Conrad:

If you would like to earn some CMPSC 192 credit while contributing to an
important project for the department, consider applying to join the team
that is developing the replacement system for submit.cs.

I am looking for one, (or at most two) additional student(s) to join an
existing project team of three students that is collaborating with me on
implementing the replacement system for submit.cs.

You can earn 4 units of CMPSC 192 credit for your contribution to this
project.

To be eligible, you should have a minimum gpa of 3.0 for your most
recent quarter at UCSB.   You should be willing to start your
involvement with the project this quarter, and then continue in academic
year 2017-2018.   (Thus, graduating seniors are not eligible.)   You
should be a 2nd or 3rd year student, or a 4th year that has already been
accepted to the BS/MS program (and will therefore be at UCSB for the
17-18 academic year.)

Priority will be given to student that already have familiarity with one
or more of the following: Rails, JSON, Github, Jenkins, Agile practices
(scrum, stories, standups).   You need not have familiarity with all of
those, but absolute beginners  are not a good fit for the needs of this
project at its current stage.  We need folks that can come up to speed
quickly and don't need a lot of hand holding. Having said that, there
will be many opportunities to learn new skills as part of this team.

If you are interested, please apply at the following form.   You are
encouraged to apply by noon Wednesday 04/19, since the deadline for
adding courses this quarter is Friday 04/21.

http://bit.ly/submit_cs_dev_team_app_s17

If you apply and are not chosen in this round, please know that I will
be looking for students to staff this project on an ongoing basis in the
years to come.

Regards,

Phill Conrad

--

--
Phill Conrad, Lecturer (SOE)*, Dept. of Computer Science

*---------------------------------------*

2) Spring 17 Career Services Events!!

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are doing well and that your quarter is off to a great
start! I’m here to let you know that Career’s Spring Event & Workshop
Calendar is now available online, here is the link to share with your
students
(http://career.sa.ucsb.edu/files/docs/misc/career-calendar-spring-2017.pdf).
It features all of the events we have going on this quarter, including
our Spring Career & Internship Fair, our Last Chance Job Fair, and two
incredible career mixers for LGBTQ and graduate students. You can go to
http://career.sa.ucsb.edu/recruiting-eventsfor information about all of
these events.

Lastly, please let all of your students know that if they are interested
in getting into the spring fair during Early Admission they need to
obtain a pass by getting their resume checked by a counselor during our
drop-in hours which are Monday through Friday 11am-4pm.

Let me know if you have any questions and thank you for passing this
information along!

Best,

Erin

*Erin Ryan*

Marketing Coordinator

UCSB Career Services

(805) 893-2259

*---------------------------------------*

3) ATTEND: $50 Abandoned Bike Sale from UCSB Police/CSOs *4/18 (TMRW)*

***Message from Transportation Program***

**

*UCSB Police/CSO $50 Spring Quarter Abandoned Bicycle Sale*

**

*When: *10a-5p Tuesday, April 18, 2017... Be advised that buyers arrive
early and queue up because this sale is first come first served

**

*Where: *North-Side Mountain-Side of Storke Tower
https://goo.gl/maps/BgLnxhMNhFG2

*Why: *Get yourself a campus bicycle and a sturdy U-Lock and have wheels
when you want them to commute between your home and UCSB or to travel
across campus or from campus to Isla Vista.

*---------------------------------------*

4) ATTEND: UCSB’s Mental Health Conference on April 23rd!

Hello everyone,

Interested in learning about mental health on campus? Associated
Students proudly presents We’re With You: UCSB’s second annual Mental
Health Conference!

This conference will be held Sunday, April 23rd in the Student Resource
Building (SRB).  We’ll be hosting student-led multiple workshops and
panels to explore the different topics and issues related to mental
health, along with fun activities throughout the day. This event is open
to all students, staff, faculty, and members of the UCSB and larger
Santa Barbara community.

Have you registered to attend yet? Conference registration is completely
FREE, with breakfast and Chipotle lunch provided for you!

Sign up here at this link: https://goo.gl/forms/fsf02rAkX6tnWeOl2

Do you need some volunteer hours, or are at all interested in getting
involved with the conference? Sign up to work as a volunteer at the
conference! We ask that you please sign up for at least 2 shifts.
http://tinyurl.com/MHvolunteers17

Check out our Facebook event for more information leading up to the
conference. We hope to see you there!
https://www.facebook.com/events/743292559151162/

Sincerely,

UCSB’s Mental Health Relations Coordinating Committee

_ucsbmhconference at gmail.com <mailto:ucsbmhconference at gmail.com>_

*---------------------------------------*

5) ATTEND: Female students are invited to WiCS (Women in Computer
Science) Coffee Hour 4/21, 1:30-2:30pm (See attachment)

Attention to all of our female students and those who identify as
female/femme:

You are invited to the upcoming WiCS (Women in Computer Science) coffee
hour, themed "How to succeed in CS?"

Date: Friday (04/21), 1:30p to 2:30p

Location: HFH 1132

This will be an informal mixer with great company (your female undergrad
and grad peers and faculty) and light refreshments. Come join in on the
conversation!

RSVP by filling out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/CWNWIBNNzm5D83cI3

We look forward to seeing you there!

Organized by WiCS and the CS Department's Diversity Committee

**Contact Prof Diba Mirza with questions at dimirza at cs.ucsb.edu**
<mailto:dimirza at cs.ucsb.edu**>

*---------------------------------------*

6) ORG:HAAPI: Supporting Healthy Asian/Asian American Pacific Islanders
(spring quarter schedule attached)

The UCSB Multicultural Center and Counseling & Psychological Services
Present:

HAAPI: Supporting Healthy Asian/Asian American Pacific Islanders

Spring 2017 Quarter: Every Tuesday, 3:30-5pm, MCC Meeting Room

Join in a supportive, safe space for all Asian/Asian American Pacific
Islander identified students.  Participants will learn ways to balance
personal multicultural identity, psychological health, and well-being
with family dynamics, social expectations, and cultural heritage.  AAPI
students will have the opportunity to talk about these and other topics
they have in common.  Light refreshments will be provided!

*STEM focused week:
May 15: Resiliency/Coping/Thriving: Stress Management*

Please see attached flier for full schedule.

*---------------------------------------*

7) ORG: GEEK WEEK is this week!! *4/17-4/21* (See attachment)

Hi all,

It’s that time of the year again — GEEK WEEK is here! Geek Week is a
week-long battle between the 5 engineering majors with a competition
each day. This is a tradition for the College of Engineering, and each
year, one major is victorious by racking up the most points during the
competitions. This year’s competitions will include a watermelon eating
contest, relay races, dodgeball, and capture the flag.

Here’s the lineup for the week:

*/Monday/*— “Relay Tic-Tac-Toe” (hosted by ASME) — Chem Lawn, 2-4 PM

*/Tuesday/* — “Food Relay Race” (hosted by IEEE) — Chem Lawn, 2-4 PM

*/Wednesday/* — “Capture the Flag” (hosted by Tau Beta Pi, little/Big
Engineers, and Theta Tau) — Chem Lawn, 5-7 PM

*/Thursday/* — “Dodgeball” (hosted by CodersSB) — Chem Lawn, 11 AM-1 PM

*/Friday /*— “Geek Week BBQ & Root Beer Floats” (hosted by Engineering
Student Council & SWE) — ENGR 2 Courtyard, 12-3 PM

Relax after all of your hard work with a free afternoon BBQ in the ENGR
2 quad at 12 PM. We’ll have freshly grilled burgers and hotdogs, along
with root beer floats provided by SWE. Be sure to stay for the
watermelon eating competition — because we love competition.

GET YOUR GEEK ON!

Love,

UCSB Engineering Student Council

Studio*

Hello Respective Advisors,

My name is Calvin Wang, and I am the Director of Marketing Initiatives
for an on-campus club: Data Science at UCSB. This Tuesday at 6pm, we're
hosting Dr. Seltmann, Director of the Cheadle Center for Biodiversity
and Ecological Restoration, at the UCen Flying A Studios. She will be
speaking on how she uses data science to strategize her work.

Please forward this email to your students! The Facebook event link is
below:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1128586863918366/
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1128586863918366/?acontext=%7B%22source%22%3A4%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22%5B%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22group%5C%22%2C%5C%22mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22surface%5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A%5B%5D%7D%5D%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D&source=4&action_history=%5B%7B%22surface%22%3A%22group%22%2C%22mechanism%22%3A%22surface%22%2C%22extra_data%22%3A%5B%5D%7D%5D&has_source=1>

Best,

Calvin Wang

Data Science at UCSB - Director of Marketing Initiatives

*---------------------------------------*

9) VOLUNTEER: SciTrek Spring Sign-Ups

Hello,

Have you wanted to inspire younger students but not known where to
start? Here is your opportunity. SciTrek is a 2nd-8th grade outreach
program that allows students to ask questions, design experiments to
answer their questions, and present their findings to the rest of the
class.  The process takes ~7 hours and is spread out over the course of
~3 weeks.  The modules focus on a variety of scientific areas.

SciTrek is currently taking*Spring Sign-ups*. All volunteer types are
welcome (undergraduate, graduate, and community volunteers).  Module
times are listed on our website
(http://www.chem.ucsb.edu/scitrek/elementary). You will mentor a small
group of students through the experimental process, therefore, it is
important that you are able attend all the days of the module. If you
are interested in signing up e-mail scitrekadmin at chem.ucsb.edu
<mailto:scitrekadmin at chem.ucsb.edu> with the school and teacher of the
class you would like to volunteer for. You are welcome to sign-up for
any of our modules, however, we are especially in need of people who can
volunteer on M/W/F from 8:30 - 10:30am. Transportation is provided for
all of the modules and the times listed on the website are the times we
leave and are back to the Chemistry Building.

If you would like more information feel free to stop by our office (Chem
1009) or e-mail (scitrekadmin at chem.ucb.edu
<mailto:scitrekadmin at chem.ucb.edu>). We are looking forward to working
with you!

Sincerely,

Darby & Emily

*---------------------------------------*

10) VOLUNTEER: Help at the Earth Day festival this weekend! 4/22-4/23

Volunteer at Earth Day! http://www.sbearthday.org/volunteer/

**

Help out at one of SB’s best festivals and one of my favorite holidays.

If you don’t want to volunteer, attend the event! It is a great time to
celebrate living in such an environmentally friendly community and to
get some free stickers/food samples/kombucha/etc.

*---------------------------------------*

11) INDUSTRY: Amazon Alexa Hackathon

Hi Margaret ,

On behalf of the Amazon Alexa Development Team, I'd like to invite all
of your students to come join a new virtual hackathon that we are
hosting on our MindSumo innovation platform.

For this special competition, Amazon is asking students from all over
the world to use technology for good by creating a new Amazon Alexa
skill that improves the sustainability or accessibility of the world
around us.

Amazon Alexa | Hack Your World Contest
<http://links.mindsumo.com/wf/click?upn=AzPSOWG35LWGIQgEcGFvCzd2dxJDTPbDGGlmvEn7cCq7bK2-2BW3h0tStL4Dw6p3ToWBuN3nybLbrohdGzpZ-2BwC6eLRzlNOvPW35-2FA6IQUpFpmZsxjxCUyOeEQyPYIPIhc_1HWXubPzMvvL85qF37WAO2vbslGABl1hsdE1XPgJB4LXqHlOeNSoZXWsaaGyrJt-2FpvKAdg9n3hZjbkd083RMJugFc7bFtJZvofs0tfG6wZ-2Fe9xoGet5rb5V5-2F4qvSGOE92koAU7fa-2Bib-2BXUVq65JopMH9h0Vzt3P4OeVgPA-2BDemfi9MHfJzwxy4Z6GpK41tfDLInvpmdYoIA2IWvFVKhbNgKcpJxswn43ZBJh1RP3XtsRCRxwbr69IdBnaTl9MEUmcED6MZJlaJ2KWHJqBuKsE1sYCrv2HFctJcoUEVKe0FduCvBHZAfZIDDsAVhVJb0DpZ5jMBMejxinhI4DVVr2kDAM0yHGGj17JAbWgmHQlc0czP-2FFJcA-2FV44-2BiLF9EUVd7RzZ1OoVg3uIqI8xjtf8E5T0scJPRB6cD-2FlbDvvmI9rjWznNjFPnkMJH8XUHuIC0M3vSVtCGXrHLGHW9qLwWqRYucwIgvpe6hpnC7rvI7f5-2BpraS2Ll550xWL-2F-2Fntvn2SSwCdaXbWUuWXsEo4LKQG9kQwODbuJyz2oBKfT0OExS5-2B8xqGBIEDiglCOHQQx6ZJ3z18OKjLF2YY-2Bv8nP-2BHD5Z2Gg7528FLDC21uMuz4RVK-2BkThNkoFExgrnpsOaxviMQxRO0IBz2wr5RdlOfvklKZFd2eVqSvRph2bG761R64RpUG0VO-2B3PSIDhMmZdheGP5YkXXyMFiN4ElweHEgSxbR4SaDpJLSwEylaU-2BgBhx-2FJiystfncHmptsKYSUB6yopySwH8Op-2BqgxaVPNkaCDgg4mPu6Ps6bfBJEICXAjNo2gblgngtVchN3nZz5XBMv>

For the official announcement from Amazon:
Calling All University Students to Hack Your World with Amazon Alexa
<http://links.mindsumo.com/wf/click?upn=-2B2qNy9QAHvZt9vcXNdzrHmSvBJhnYNd9wne2GhGtDxOWP0Mb-2BsocMFwuwAzUOVfCZj9ifhnZke-2BLn0zfLyJ7a9o9qSJ2ze6ePjFpTEu-2BqmhLsT8u4-2BSlMKN0kYFbu1Urnxz6GfVMNzqlYy8UZ2Y6od0IKPXqfMWB92namT26Cv5ITsD0TXVzHJNQrYv-2B51S-2FLLXikcM-2BXSz6nObwCJba45peWN4PHcooNRQhN14UMurCe0bowlWhbvs2G-2BkxgDKU7XW61lBl9qbW677nWy1-2Fpax2srO4ODJJJ2KK6uIwgts-3D_1HWXubPzMvvL85qF37WAO2vbslGABl1hsdE1XPgJB4LXqHlOeNSoZXWsaaGyrJt-2FpvKAdg9n3hZjbkd083RMJugFc7bFtJZvofs0tfG6wZ-2Fe9xoGet5rb5V5-2F4qvSGOE92koAU7fa-2Bib-2BXUVq65JopMH9h0Vzt3P4OeVgPA-2BDemfi9MHfJzwxy4Z6GpK41tfDLInvpmdYoIA2IWvFVKhbNgKcpJxswn43ZBJh1RP3XtsRCRxwbr69IdBnaTl9MEUmcED6MZJlaJ2KWHJqBuKsE1sYCrv2HFctJcoUEVKe0FduCvBHZAfZIDDsAVhVJb0DpZ5jMBMejxinhI4DVVr2kDAM0yHGGj17JAbWgmHQlc0czP-2FFJcA-2FV44-2BiLF9EUVd7RzZ1OoVg3uIqI8xjtf8P-2BSMHgzs3nwH46GgqRktJAHVie3wXAKkygDEcnLcxgBwBFtq4TObpuR0m2-2Fz3JdxlWbBpQp55VPLAsp8a4cklNMlvGPzkn28JBcZ7A1-2FC-2FKhsnLtw1lKG10s2bB25JRIj1EcAXU5ftQem92wj53WisnO93TrKcd-2FUUZfZJakH6rxm3ijKyBavBsfth5P9a6kcTfkGbOKhE-2BPeZWt3ppO5PVzpyPpO5d19UQ-2BJDXapv8q0H37t8LseOBV4ZCJ4eiHSBxKStVH-2FPKZi5ucF7JG-2FyOawKbE5xJsePHMt-2Fh3EMIipe497jUKZh6YNs502-2FLw5LHyLAJo0Zx1RIy5yqbagroBhWJD5Bp-2BFZm1jyYuU1iNlqZTVFjvZZ5VyPBStq3XgTGmxciL7PzIe9wIzdBm1VfKpA-2B3RlvfGvDWeZdA5Lg>

Students that participate will have a chance to earn cash prizes and an
Amazon Echo for the best skill. Also, skills developed in this contest
that pass the Alexa certification test will be available on the official
Amazon Alexa store for anyone to download.

This is a wonderful opportunity for your students to apply the knowledge
they are learning in your classroom towards an amazing cause and get
recognized by one of the most important companies in the world. Here's
an example of that in a past Alexa Hackathon we recently completed:
College Students Hack Their Dorm with Amazon Alexa
<http://links.mindsumo.com/wf/click?upn=-2B2qNy9QAHvZt9vcXNdzrHmSvBJhnYNd9wne2GhGtDxOWP0Mb-2BsocMFwuwAzUOVfCx-2FGaVX1-2B-2F-2FglRzYwrVQV5GLTio-2FSQ15JuXLJfMx5Enx188WUMubLtlMOfZqs7mmFz5SacOJT5r6KNsuVs78fr8Q67Djzp514Yvl5IRlNq6G1TPLzcFPlkuaMihD3nmxbaR0f2xGmGt-2Fy1C6KOteSDwXfZ7PjzfJFO4Fmzsv9IipcwWw3JP6hUZ7-2BuJkfWzOw5hJgf7ylVwU7F70uxb7I-2B7kjzs2Mv6VYRGLzkyzQjzE-3D_1HWXubPzMvvL85qF37WAO2vbslGABl1hsdE1XPgJB4LXqHlOeNSoZXWsaaGyrJt-2FpvKAdg9n3hZjbkd083RMJugFc7bFtJZvofs0tfG6wZ-2Fe9xoGet5rb5V5-2F4qvSGOE92koAU7fa-2Bib-2BXUVq65JopMH9h0Vzt3P4OeVgPA-2BDemfi9MHfJzwxy4Z6GpK41tfDLInvpmdYoIA2IWvFVKhbNgKcpJxswn43ZBJh1RP3XtsRCRxwbr69IdBnaTl9MEUmcED6MZJlaJ2KWHJqBuKsE1sYCrv2HFctJcoUEVKe0FduCvBHZAfZIDDsAVhVJb0DpZ5jMBMejxinhI4DVVr2kDAM0yHGGj17JAbWgmHQlc0czP-2FFJcA-2FV44-2BiLF9EUVd7RzZ1OoVg3uIqI8xjtf8Ni4bf1ZSY7fAFtLSDTMy43b-2BHfxL2OcIl517ysc7VRDEhSupksqrWLdQxYm8R0YoLswnTQf-2BVh4ShhWsopV2xHER2KMRUS8B6lNkxPxc2zVCNAOW9RmKI1WoYYvxXRYUJ9Jtgr-2FOc6RSF3MYmqfZ1zPw8bXmjftwZRFURI3PUPEuV4r0az0ovYGICoQwJRFHDAIvoYuoP3bLGWBusaV3Z9zTa0IrHMM09EvXhH00m4lKrJVYO01G6igbSibhoMSxCQ3S-2B5PlslqabyZ3PwYkgUXaFq2qHwLDasUuknOk25JzEwqPz6b1iYpwcbpYnLhOh1XyRVIM4Egd-2BuM7zSpTice362eEtKAg794k-2FibyYJ9lbd5fu1mbOJYS9hOmQQa7oevGB0kU6-2B0Yx-2B5Qesv-2F7q8oM7KVAkDOZ-2FUNGPQYRv5>

I just have one small favor to ask. Would you mind sharing this
opportunity with your students? A simple forward of this email to your
classes would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you have any
questions.

Thanks!
John Huang, MindSumo
Bertrand Vacherot, Amazon Alexa Marketing Manager

*---------------------------------------*

12) Summer Job: Teach STEM through NSF-funded Noyce CTPSE program (See
attachment)

The NSF-funded Noyce *CTPSE* program still has a number of openings for
its Summer Undergraduate Internship. All students in chemistry,
engineering, computer science, and physics who are considering teaching
as a career are encouraged to apply. Gain firsthand experiences in high
school STEM classrooms and earn a stipend ($$$) for your participation
during summer! *Applications are due May 19, 2017*. Flyers are attached
and the link to the application can be accessed here: Application Link
<https://education.ucsb.edu/sites/default/files/calteach/docs/2017%20CTPSE%20Internship%20Application%202_6.pdf>

*---------------------------------------*

13) INFO SESH: National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), *4/18,
11:30am, Flying A Studios UCEN*

Please join us for an information session to learn about an organization
that is interested in providing opportunities to students from*/_science
disciplines_/*:

*National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)*

Tuesday, April 18

11:30 – 1:00pm, STEM focused majors (though all are welcome)

1:30 –3:00pm, Liberal Arts (non-STEM) majors (though all are welcome)

Flying A Studios UCEN

What’s the NGA you ask? That’s not a simple question—which is why we’ve
invited NGA to offer this session.

Known as “the nation’s eyes,” NGA provides critical intelligence to the
White House, the Intelligence Community, the DOD and other customers on
a daily basis, keeping the nation safe, protecting and supporting
military troops, aiding in crisis response, and supporting disaster
relief efforts worldwide.

NGA produces geospatial-intelligence, or ‘GEOINT,’ which is the use and
analysis of imagery and geospatial information that describes, assesses,
and visually depicts physical features and geographically referenced
activities on Earth. Anyone who sails a U.S. ship, flies a U.S.
aircraft, makes national policy decisions, locates targets, responds to
natural disasters, or even navigates with a cellphone relies on NGA.

 From cartography to imagery analysis and from finance to security to
counterintelligence, NGA offers an exciting spectrum of career options
and opportunities. NGA employs interns and recent graduates (including
graduate degrees) from a wide variety of fields including Political
Science, International/Regional Studies, Computer Science, Math or
Statistics, Physics, Geography or GIS, Communications, Media, Finance,
Accounting, Engineering, and more.

We hope you will join us to learn more about this very broad and very
interesting firm.

*/Diana D. Seder/*

Employer Outreach Manager

University of California, Santa Barbara

805-893-4416 (O) 805-319-8578 (M)

Diana.seder at sa.ucsb.edu <mailto:Diana.seder at sa.ucsb.edu>

*---------------------------------------*

14) INFO SESH: US Navy Info Session, All STEM, *4/19, 4:30pm, ESB 2003*

*---------------------------------------*

15) INFO SESH: Microsoft holding Tech Talk on 4/25 and Office Hours 4/26
(See attachment)

Hello!

I wanted let know you that Microsoft will be on campus to hold a Tech
Talk on 4/25/2017and Office Hours on 4/26/2017 at UCSB*. *The details
may be seen on the flyer attached in this email. We would love your help
getting the word out to the student body. Please feel free to share this
email with your colleagues & help spread the word.

Also, if you are willing, I would really appreciate it if you could
print a few copies of the attached flyers & post for, Computer Science,
Engineering, and IT students to see. Please let me know if this is
something you would be willing to assist with. Thanks so much! We hope
to see you there!

*Larissa Wongsanguan*

Microsoft University Recruiting | Recruiting Associate

v-lawong at microsoft.com <mailto:v-lawong at microsoft.com>|
www.microsoft.com/university <http://www.microsoft.com/university>

425-538-2482

16) JOTD: Can bees fly in the rain?

Not without their yellow jackets :P

--
Margaret Salisbury | Undergraduate Advisor
Computer Science Department | 2104 HFH