[Ugrads] From Prof Phill Conrad: submit.cs project, CMPSC 192 credit, rails/webapp experience

msalisbury msalisbury at cs.ucsb.edu
Mon Apr 17 13:13:55 PDT 2017

A message from Phill Conrad:

If you would like to earn some CMPSC 192 credit while contributing to an
important project for the department, consider applying to join the team
that is developing the replacement system for submit.cs.

I am looking for one, (or at most two) additional student(s) to join an
existing project team of three students that is collaborating with me on
implementing the replacement system for submit.cs.

You can earn 4 units of CMPSC 192 credit for your contribution to this
project.

To be eligible, you should have a minimum gpa of 3.0 for your most
recent quarter at UCSB.   You should be willing to start your
involvement with the project this quarter, and then continue in academic
year 2017-2018. (Thus, graduating seniors are not eligible.)   You
should be a 2nd or 3rd year student, or a 4th year that has already been
accepted to the BS/MS program (and will therefore be at UCSB for the
17-18 academic year.)

Priority will be given to student that already have familiarity with one
or more of the following: Rails, JSON, Github, Jenkins, Agile practices
(scrum, stories, standups).   You need not have familiarity with all of
those, but absolute beginners  are not a good fit for the needs of this
project at its current stage.  We need folks that can come up to speed
quickly and don't need a lot of hand holding.   Having said that, there
will be many opportunities to learn new skills as part of this team.

If you are interested, please apply at the following form.   You are
encouraged to apply by noon Wednesday 04/19, since the deadline for
adding courses this quarter is Friday 04/21.

http://bit.ly/submit_cs_dev_team_app_s17

If you apply and are not chosen in this round, please know that I will
be looking for students to staff this project on an ongoing basis in the
years to come.

Regards,
Phill Conrad

--
--
Phill Conrad, Lecturer (SOE)*, Dept. of Computer Science