[Ugrads] CS Mail #40 (Part 2): 4/5/17 {So many job postings}

msalisbury msalisbury at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Apr 5 11:15:15 PDT 2017

*---------------------------------------*

CS Mail #40 (PART 2) Index:

1) SUMMER: Fully Funded China Summer Program for ICT, Computer Science,
and Engineering Majors Now Accepting Applications, *Deadline to Apply
4/24* (see attachment)

2) INTERN: City Internships | Scholarship Update & Program Announcement

3) INTERN: U.S. Army Material Systems Analysis Activity (AMSAA) Summer
Internship Program, *Deadline to Apply 4/9*

4) UCSB Summer Job: SIMS program RA positions, *Deadline to Apply 4/17*
(see attachment)

5) JOB: Local entertainment start-up looking for talented programmers

6) JOB: 6 Toyon Job Opportunities in Santa Barbara (see attachment)

7) JOB: Internship/Full Time Position at Curtis Instruments (see attachment)

8) JOB: Orbital ATK Job Opportunity

9) JOB: The Automated Technology Group, Job Openings in the Bay Area
(see attachment)

10) JOB: New IAEA JPO opportunity in Vienna, Austria-- Associate
Emergency Preparedness Officer (see attachment)

*---------------------------------------*

1) SUMMER: Fully Funded China Summer Program for ICT, Computer Science,
and Engineering Majors Now Accepting Applications, *Deadline to Apply
4/24* (see attachment)

On behalf of Chinese telecommunications firm Huawei Technologies
<http://www.huawei.com/en/about-huawei>, American Councils for
International Education is proud to announce the launch of a two-week
fully funded summer program for U.S. undergraduates to gain
international learning experience in an information technology company
and a deeper understanding of Chinese culture.

Designed to bridge the gap between information and communications
technology (ICT) instruction at universities and the practical skills
required in the workplace, the 2017 Huawei Seeds for the Future Program
<http://www.acstudyabroad.org/huaweiseeds/> combines hands-on training
and the opportunity to learn from seasoned professionals in the ICT field.

In addition to this technical training, participants will also receive
an introduction to Chinese language and culture—valuable preparation for
a career in an increasingly interconnected global marketplace in which
understanding and cooperation between China and the United States grow
more important each day.

Program Dates: July 7-22, 2017

*PROGRAM FEATURES*

·         Week one: Language and culture training at Beijing Language
and Culture University

·         Week two: Hands-on technical training in ICT technologies and
solutions at Huawei’s headquarters in Shenzhen, China

·         Activities and excursions introducing participants to Chinese
culture and historical landmarks

·         Includes all travel expenses including airfare, meals, and
accommodations

*APPLY TODAY*

Please encourage your students to apply as soon as possible; the
deadline is April 24, 2017.

More information and a link to the online application can be found on
our program page: http://www.acstudyabroad.org/huaweiseeds

**

If you’d like to print a program flyer for your classroom or bulletin
board, you may follow this link
<https://www.americancouncils.org/sites/default/files/Seeds%20for%20the%20Future%202017%20Flyer.pdf>.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

*Scott Osdras*

Program Associate

American Councils for International Education

*T *202-833-7522

http://www.acstudyabroad.org/huaweiseeds

*---------------------------------------*

2) INTERN: City Internships | Scholarship Update & Program Announcement

Fall Programs: Open for applications across 12 cities

The Global Vanguard Program
<http://city-internships.com/global-explorer-program-vanguard/> is
semester-long and available in fall, winter and spring only. Best for
current seniors and recent graduates, CI offers year-round internships
with access to market-leading online classroom-based sessions and remote
coaching and support.

Interested students should apply online: http://city-internships.com/apply

Places are available in 12 cities globally:

London, Paris, New York, Boston, Washington D.C., Miami, Chicago,
Austin, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sydney (limited places – apply now)
or Hong Kong (limited places – apply now).

With internship placements in 9 industries:

Banking & Financial Services,  Marketing, Advertising and PR, Consulting
and Professional Services,  Technology and Engineering, Entertainment,
Media and Journalism,  Law and Politics,  Art, Fashion & Design,
Charities, NFPs & NGOs,  Start-Ups & Entrepreneurship.

Explore upcoming programs:
http://city-internships.com/locations-and-programs/

Seven of twelve program destinations are now full and closed to new
applicants for Summer 2017. Places remain available in the following
five program destinations only:

 > New York,  London,  Los Angeles,  Washington D.C., Miami (closing soon)

*We are seeing a record number of applications to the summer-based
Global Explorer Program this year. Please note that we expect to close
applications to our programs earlier than the scheduled late-April
deadline.*

Lewis Talbot
CEO & Founder, City Internships
http://city-internships.com <http://city-internships.com/>

*---------------------------------------*

3) INTERN: U.S. Army Material Systems Analysis Activity (AMSAA) Summer
Internship Program, *Deadline to Apply 4/9*

I hope this e-mail finds you well!  We just made the following Summer
Research Program available with the U.S. Army Material Systems Analysis
Activity (AMSAA). Located on Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, AMSAA is
sponsoring an amazing opportunity for 15-17 post graduates and 15-17
students to start around May/June.  Qualified candidates should be
pursuing degrees in the following fields: *Computer Science,
Engineering, Math, Physics, and Statistics.*   This opportunity will be
administered by ORAU via the ORISE Research Participation Program.
*APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 9, 2017.*

*AMSAA Summer Internship Webpage:*

https://www.orau.org/maryland/AMSAA-internships.html

AMSAA's studies and analyses directly support both Strategic and
Operational readiness while enabling the vital development and dynamic
integration of critical capabilities for our U.S. Army's Future Force.
It provides a broad spectrum of analytical support throughout each stage
of a materiel system's life-cycle from development to fielding. AMSAA
turns data into information for Decision Makers to solve the U.S. Army's
top challenges in readiness, sustainment, and risk. In doing so, tools
are delivered to our Warfighters ensuring they are an expeditionary
force, anywhere, anytime.

*Applicants must be a _U.S. Citizen_, enrolled in an accredited college
or university and in good academic standing (over all GPA 2.5 or
higher); must have the ability to pass a security investigation and
obtain a Secret Clearance. *

www.orau.org/maryland <http://www.orau.org/maryland>

Project ID: AMSAA-1141600937

*"Stay Connected" on future opportunities with ORAU by joining the ORAU
Talent Network.  The Talent Network allows candidates to receive alerts
more frequently for open opportunities. * Only e-mail address, zip code,
desired area of research are required to receive alerts.

http://stayconnected.orau.org/en-us/

Best regards,

*Mike Janney, MA*

Scientific Assessment and Workforce Development

Sr. Recruiter

ORAU

(410) 306 9217 (office)

(410) 618 7981 (cell)

michael.janney at orau.org<mailto:michael.janney at orau.org>

Follow Mike on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelwjanney/>

*---------------------------------------*

4) UCSB Summer Job: SIMS program RA positions, *Deadline to Apply 4/17*
(see attachment)

The Center for Science and Engineering Partnerships (CSEP) is looking
for Summer RAs for the Summer Institute in Mathematics and Science (SIMS).

SIMS Program (interns are incoming UCSB freshmen)
Dates: August 13 - 25, 2017 (2 weeks)
RA Training: August 9 -12 2017
RA Salary: $2,500

The primary role of the RA is to provide auxiliary support to the
graduate mentors, and to act as the main liaison between the program
participants and the program directors.  The RA must be able to answer
questions regarding participant’s lab projects, in particular, and lower
division math/science questions, in general.

For more information, please review the flyer attached. Email
sims at cnsi.ucsb.edu <mailto:sims at cnsi.ucsb.edu> for questions about the
RA position.

The application must be submitted by *12 pm on* *April 17, 2017*.

The application is available on the SIMS website:
http://sims-csep.cnsi.ucsb.edu/

*---------------------------------------*

5) JOB: Local entertainment start-up looking for talented programmers

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today and pass along my
employment opportunity to the UCSB student population.

I am seeking talented programmers for my company Tongo
<http://letstongo.com/>. Tongo is developing a location-based platform
app with an easy to navigate discovery interface to connect consumers
with local businesses of interest.

For the consumer-user, Tongo solves the "what to do" and "where to go"
problem. For the business-user, Tongo is an integrated turnkey marketing
solution that puts their product in front of consumers who have
expressed interest in their product.

Tongo is the result of three years of owning/operating my tour and
transportation business (sbtaste.com <http://sbtaste.com/>), solving my
own problems and listening to customer feedback.

I have mock wireframes for MVP with a detailed beta launch plan --- and
years of customer development, market segmentation and product/market fit.

I recently submitted an application to Y Combinator’s Summer 2017 batch.

Please contact me if interested. I can share more details. Base pay +
equity is negotiable.

Cheers,

Michael Gahan

michael at letstongo.com <mailto:michael at letstongo.com>

805-325-1580

*---------------------------------------*

6) JOB: 6 Toyon Job Opportunities in Santa Barbara (see attachment)

Please pass these Toyon job opportunities to your engineering students.

1. Algorithm Developer (Santa Barbara)

2. Software Engineer (Santa Barbara)

3. Intern (Santa Barbara)

4. Senior Engineer (Santa Barbara) - on GauchoLink

5. RF Systems Engineer (Santa Barbara) - on GauchoLink

6. Navigation and Control Systems Developer (Santa Barbara) - on GauchoLink

*If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Rivard, HR
Representative, at nrivard at toyon.com <mailto:nrivard at toyon.com>.*

Thank you,
Ashley

*---------------------------------------*

7) JOB: Internship/Full Time Position at Curtis Instruments (see attachment)

Curtis Instruments, Inc. is in search of an undergrad or grad student
well versed in the LabVIEW programming language. Depending on the
qualifications and circumstances, the position would be either an
internship for Summer 2017, a temp position starting ASAP, or a
potential hire after a trial period.

Last year they had a student from UCB who went on to become a LabVIEW
student ambassador. Some more details about some of the projects they
are focused on right now are included in the attached document.

If you have any questions, please reach out to Ross Clark, hardware
engineer (and UCSB alum!), at CLARKR at curtisinst.com
<mailto:CLARKR at curtisinst.com>.

*---------------------------------------*

8) JOB: Orbital ATK Job Opportunity

Please send this to your undergraduate and graduate engineering students
that deal with soldering, electronic assembly, testing or
troubleshooting and use of precision hand tools.

Please note: Under the job summary it says 4 years of experience, but I
asked Jennifer and she said "We are open to the idea of entry level and
mid-career people. I have 2 openings for entry level and 4 openings for
mid-level"

Please contact Jennifer Henderson, Sr. Recruiter - Space Components
Division, at jennifer.henderson at orbitalatk.com
<mailto:jennifer.henderson at orbitalatk.com> if you have any questions.

___________________

With projected annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately
12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a
company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers
accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a
satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s
leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch
vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest
manufacturer of ammunition.

Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small
and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific,
exploration and national security space applications. The Group is
leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of
all classes, provides technical engineering services to government
agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite
servicing and advanced space flight technologies.

United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from
diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative
and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.

If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is
the company that will further your experience and career growth. We
offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including,
medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.

Our facility in Goleta, CA is seeking an Engineering Technician (Project
Employee: one that comes on board to work on specofoc projects that a
given client has tasked us with. In this case, it means, that the person
hired will be on temp basis, a trial basis, and then if all goes well,
this person will be hired onto full-time status) with relevant aerospace
industry experience working on small, medium and/or large government and
commercial programs.

*_Job Summary_*

Must be able to read and follow written instruction as well as interpret
and apply technical drawing views and notes.

  * Must be organized and accountable for personal workload.
  * Must be diligence in maintaining paperwork associated with hardware
    assemblies so as to maintain traceability.
  * Requires experience following procedures but also able to work with
    engineers to create new processes.
  * Knowledgeable with structural bonding and application of coatings
    using various epoxy and silicone adhesive products.
  * Working level understanding of force, torque, and precision hand tools.
  * Organizational ability to follow, or determine, optimum order of
    assembly for complex structures and devices.
  * Familiarity with electrical harness assemblies is preferred,
    including ability to interpret and work to electrical assembly
    schematics as well as basic electrical tests such as continuity and
    insulation resistance.
  * 4 years or more documented experience in technical work.  Aerospace
    experience preferred.
  * High school diploma or equal - Junior college, trade school or
    university preferred.

Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial
practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and
services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new
technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the
future.  When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed
at what you can do!

We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.

Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D

IF INTERESTED, APPLY HERE
https://jobs.orbitalatk.com/jobs/SSM20172802-38572/Engineering+Technician+-+Project+Employee?lang=en-US

Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans
<http://www.atk-jobs.com/content/military/> page to find jobs that match
your military background.

*---------------------------------------*

9) JOB: The Automated Technology Group, Job Openings in the Bay Area
(see attachment)

We are an employer in the San Francisco Bay Area with open positions in
computer and electrical engineering.  I am in need of resumes of
upcoming or recent graduates.

The job descriptions are attached.  They are written for the person
experienced in the position that we will train them to do. These should
be viewed as what they will be doing.

Regards,

Jeff Shannon

Wood Group Automation

Project Manager

Office: (832) 809-7482

Main: (832) 809-8000

Email: Jeffrey.shannon at woodgroup.com <mailto:Jeffrey.shannon at woodgroup.com>

Another Contact: David Cartwight, David.Cartwright at woodgroup.com
<mailto:David.Cartwright at woodgroup.com>.

10) JOB: New IAEA JPO opportunity in Vienna, Austria-- Associate
Emergency Preparedness Officer (see attachment)

See attached!

**

--
Margaret Salisbury | Undergraduate Advisor
Computer Science Department | 2104 HFH