[Ugrads] Research Analyst Position at the New York Fed

Sheryl Reimers sreimers at cs.ucsb.edu
Fri Dec 18 15:25:45 PST 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Research Analyst Position at the New York Fed
Date: 	Fri, 18 Dec 2015 16:19:18 +0000
From: 	NY RA Recruiting <NY.RA.Recruiting at ny.frb.org>
To: 	ambuj at cs.ucsb.edu <ambuj at cs.ucsb.edu>

Dear Ambuj Singh,

I am writing to request your assistance in finding talented
undergraduates for the Summer Analyst Internship position at the Federal
Reserve Bank of New York.  Your familiarity with the top students in
your department will be of tremendous help in this effort.

The Summer Analyst Internship program provides undergraduates an
opportunity to learn about and contribute to the work done by the
Research and Statistics Group.   Over the course of the summer, our
economists-whose specialties include banking and payment systems,
capital markets, international economics, macroeconomics, and
microeconomics-work closely with Summer Analysts on long-term,
academically orientated research projects as well as current public
policy work.

In addition to their daily responsibilities, summer analysts attend
events and weekly presentations hosted by senior management. These
presentations provide a broad and extensive overview of the Bank's
responsibilities and operations. As well as serving as a prime learning
opportunity for undergraduates interested in economic research, the
summer analyst program also establishes a strong pool of candidates for
recruitment into the full-time Research Analyst position at the FRBNY
upon graduation.

We seek candidates who have records of superior scholarship and academic
curiosity.  Summer Analysts usually come from strong economics, policy,
mathematics, or computer science backgrounds, though a major in one of
these fields is not a necessity.  Successful candidates often have
previous research experience, and many are considering careers in
economic research, public policy, or other related fields.

In addition, we seek candidates from a wide range of backgrounds that
are typically underrepresented in economics.  It is important to us that
we succeed in recruiting a diverse cohort of summer analysts each year.
Thus we encourage many students with varying experiences and backgrounds
to apply. As a representative of your institution and student body, we
ask that you please help us in passing this message along to any
candidates you may know who may be otherwise hesitant to apply.

Attached to this email, you will also find a brochure with details about
the full-time Research Analyst position, which the Summer Analyst
position is largely modeled after. Applications for the Summer Analyst
position are being accepted now until January 15 at
http://www.newyorkfed.org/careers/current_opportunities.html.

The Summer Analyst position is an unparalleled opportunity to work with
a world-class research and policy team.  We would greatly appreciate
your encouragement of bright and interested students to apply.

Sincerely,
Rachel Schuh
Research Analyst, Macroeconomic and Monetary Studies

Note: Information about citizenship and eligibility requirements are
provided in the job posting at
http://www.newyorkfed.org/careers/current_opportunities.html.

This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact