[Ugrads] CS Augmented Reality research group looking for user study participants (pays $10 for 60-75 minutes)

Phillip Conrad pconrad at cs.ucsb.edu
Sun Feb 16 22:27:49 PST 2014

Dear CS students,

The following message is from Steffen Gauglitz, one of the grad students
that works with professors Tobias Höllerer and Matthew Turk on Augmented
Reality research.

Regards,
Phill Conrad

Hello CS students,

I am looking for participants for a study on computer interfaces for
remote collaboration -- cool Augmented Reality stuff! The study will
take about 60-75 minutes of your time, we are paying $10 for your
participation plus rewards for the best task performances.

I will be running trials all day Tuesday, Wednesday and possibly
Thursday; if you are interested in participating and helping me out
please let me (sgauglitz at cs.ucsb.edu) know your availability! I'd
appreciate your participation.

You'll get a good look at state-of-the-art HCI research (hope you're
interested!), $10 plus possibly bonus (I know you can use it!), and
you'll help me with my research (thank you :) !)

More details:

The study's purpose is to investigate the design of different computer
interfaces for remote collaboration (i.e. interaction with a remote user
via novel video conference-like interfaces). No identifiable data will
be used or recorded.

PLEASE NOTE, the study takes place OUTSIDE in the SHADE; so it can be chilly.
Please bring a sweater/jacket for early morning/late afternoon time slots!

Eligibility Requirements: age 18-45; normal hearing & vision
(glasses/contacts ok); participant has to be able to stand during trials
(breaks given).

Please feel free to forward this email to anybody who might be interested!

Thanks a lot :) !
 Steffen

--
--
Phill Conrad, Lecturer (SOE)*, Dept. of Computer Science