[Ugrads] Software Development Positions at Loqate

Sheryl Reimers sreimers at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Apr 30 09:35:59 PDT 2014

------------------

Software Developer - Loqate - Big Data, Database, CRM, GIS

Loqate is a Silicon Valley based company developing and selling new
technology in the field of international address data identification,
verification, and geocoding. CIO Review named Loqate one of the Top 20
emerging Big Data companies. Our mission is to accurately capture,
cleanse and geocode any address, worldwide. Get in on the ground floor
with a company that has doubled revenue every year for the last three years.

We are seeking a software developer to join our development team and
focus on the development of our international data repository and its
usage within our software.

Responsibilities:

Development of data manipulation systems using a mixture of technologies
including Big Data, SQL, shell scripting, Java, and C

Work with customers to provide solutions to customer issues and problems

Testing and integration of code changes to our data manipulation systems

Be a committed, active and engaged member of the core development team

Write user documentation and communicate effectively with customers

Qualifications:

Musts:

Willingness to work hard, learn and bring a positive attitude

Attention to detail, meticulous

Fluent in SQL, Java, shell scripting. Ability to write SQL and Java must
be demonstrated in the interview process.

Independent thinker, Problem solver

Writing skills that would please your college English professor

Math or Science related background/education

Nice to have:

Experience with NLP (Natural Language Processing) engines

Commercial software development experience

Experience in Data Quality/MDM, GIS/LBS

Our offices are in San Mateo, California. Candidate must be US citizen
or permanent resident authorized to work in the US. Student visas or OPT
are not acceptable.

Company Description

Location is a key data element for most business applications. Consumers
need to know where to look for products and services, and businesses
need to be able to accurately identify the location of their customer to
deliver these products and services efficiently. Whether for data
quality, fraud prevention or delivering location-based services,
identifying an accurate customer address is key to successful business
strategies.

Loqate is a leader in address quality solutions, ensuring that data is
accurate and complete. Using a combination of advanced algorithmic
analysis and comprehensive reference sources, Loqate can identify,
parse, standardize, verify and enrich address data, adding valuable
information to increase its value. Loqate is emerging as a leader in Big
Data, Data Quality, GIS, CRM, and other areas.

Additional Information

Type: Full-time

Functions: Software Development and Technical Support

Industries: Information Technology and Services Compensation: Salary,
medical/dental

To apply for this job, visit the Loqate website
http://www.loqate.com/software-developer/