[Ugrads] Fwd: [ucsbadvs] Get Ready for the Spring Career Fair

Benji Dunson benji at cs.ucsb.edu
Fri Apr 4 10:27:03 PDT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[ucsbadvs] Get Ready for the Spring Career Fair
Date: 	Fri, 4 Apr 2014 17:26:19 +0000
From: 	Dave Palmer <Dave.Palmer at sa.ucsb.edu>
To: 	'ucsbadvs at ltsc.ucsb.edu' <ucsbadvs at ltsc.ucsb.edu>

Just a reminder that next week is a big prep week for the Spring Career
Fair on *April 16 & 17*. Snail mail folks should have received my fair
posters and handouts for students yesterday. Here's the link to the handout:

http://career.sa.ucsb.edu/files/docs/handouts/spring-2014-career-fair-handout.pdf

/I just want to underline how next week's events can really make a
difference in how successful students are at the fair or in their
upcoming job/internship search./

*Writing a Résumé *

*Tuesday, April 8, 3:00 -- 4:00 p.m. *

*@Career*

**

*resume+*

*Wednesday, April 9, 2:00 -- 4:00 p.m.*

*Career Services Courtyard *

Employers will be here checking résumés.

Career counselors will checking LinkedIn profiles (in the Career
Resource Room).

"The counselor is IN" booth will be set up for quick questions on
appearance, tattoos, handshakes, etc.

The Alumni Association will be here with information ...and cookies.

There's usually a line, but it moves fast and you can take advantage of
our other services while waiting.

Bring a hard copy of your résumé.

This is where you get an early entrance pass to the Career Fair.

**

*How to Work a Career Fair *

*Wednesday, April 9, 4:00 -- 5:00 p.m.*

*@Career*

Stick around after *resume+ *to hear employers' tips about how you can
make the most out of attending next week's career fair.

**

*Interview Skills *

*Monday, April 14, 12:00 -- 1:00 p.m. *

*@Career*

Want to learn how to shine in an interview? Come to this workshop where
we'll discuss what to expect, how to prepare appropriately, and how to
project your best qualifications in the interview.

**

*Use LinkedIn to Jumpstart Your Career *

*Monday, April 14, 4:00 -- 5:00 p.m.*

*@Career*

*Palmer*

Senior Artist/Photographer/Marketeer

805 893 2259

dave.palmer at sa.ucsb.edu <mailto:dave.palmer at sa.ucsb.edu>

Building 599, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-7140

me at Career <http://career.sa.ucsb.edu/about/administrative-team/palmer>__

CareerLogoSignature <http://career.sa.ucsb.edu/>

What have I done for *you* lately?