[Ugrads] Fwd: Prepare for the Spring Career Fair--Please share with your students

Sheryl Reimers sreimers at cs.ucsb.edu
Thu Apr 3 09:00:52 PDT 2014

The Spring Career Fair
<http://career.sa.ucsb.edu/career-fairs/spring-career-fair> (April 16^th
and April 17^th ) is just around the corner. The following events and
workshops will help you prepare and be successful at the fair. Over 100
employers will attend during this two day event so be ready to impress!
Check out our lineup of employers who will be attending the fair
<https://ucsb-csm.symplicity.com/events/students.php/pid080776?mode=list&cf=SpringFair2014>
and attend the events below. We look forward to seeing you!!

__

*Writing a Résumé Workshop: *//

Tuesday, April 8^th , 3:00 pm -- 4:00 pm /Rm. 1109, Career Services
Bldg. 599/**

We'll walk through the process of writing a résumé and cover letter
targeted to a specific job posting. You'll learn the steps to take to
put your best foot forward when writing job search correspondence.

__

*Résumé +:*

Wednesday, April 9th, 2:00 pm -- 4:00 pm /Career Services Courtyard,
Bldg. 599/**

We'll have real world employers ready to check your résumés in
preparation for the upcoming Spring Fair on April 16^th & 17^th .  Bring
a hard copy of your résumé and take advantage of the valuable feedback
from experienced professionals in leading industries!

__

*How to Work a Career Fair:*

Wednesday, April 9^th , 4:00pm -- 5:00pm /Rm. 1109, Career Services
Bldg. 599/

Stick around after *résumé +* to hear employers provide tips about how
you can make the most out of attending.  Don't miss out on this one!

__

*Find & Secure an Internship: For all Majors: *

Thursday, April 10th, 12:00pm -- 1:00pm /Rm. 1109, Career Services Bldg.
599/**

Internships give you the chance to 'test-drive' a career. Learn the nuts
and bolts of finding different types of internship opportunities,
develop strategies for effective networking, and leave with key
resources and techniques for securing an internship of your own!

____________

Emily White

Associate Director, Career Services

University of California, Santa Barbara