[Ugrads] Fwd: Student Listserve Announcement: Free Classes in Nutrition and Mindfulness

Benji Dunson benji at cs.ucsb.edu
Mon Jul 22 09:40:04 PDT 2013

*Subject Line: Free Classes In Nutrition & Mindfulness As Part Of A Paid
Research Study

The Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences at UCSB is launching
a research initiative investigating the impact of healthy lifestyle
changes on cognitive performance.  We are currently recruiting
undergraduates to participate in a study in which they would take an
8-session class on either Applied Nutrition or Mindfulness from highly
qualified expert instructors.  These classes are free, and participants
will be paid $40 for the 4 hours of research participation associated
with the study.  The 45 minute classes will be offered in the late
afternoon/ early evening Mon-Thurs (starting at either 4:00 or 5:00 PM)
during the weeks of August 19 & 26.  Research testing will be completed
during the week prior and the week following the program. We will
additionally select a number of participants to have their brain scanned
after the study.  If selected, you will participate in a 1-hour session
in UCSB’s Brain Imaging Center for which you will receive additional
payment and a CD with images of your brain. If you are interested in
participating, please send an email to baird at psych.ucsb.edu
<mailto:baird at psych.ucsb.edu> to reserve your spot.