[Ugrads] [Fwd: [DLIST-L] UC Haiti Summit at UCSF on April 24]

Greta Carl-Halle greta at cs.ucsb.edu
Tue Apr 13 15:32:57 PDT 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[DLIST-L] UC Haiti Summit at UCSF on April 24
Date: 	Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:34:44 -0700
From: 	Henry Yang <henry.yang at CHANCELLOR.UCSB.EDU>
To: 	DLIST-L at LISTSERV.UCSB.EDU

Deans, Department Heads, Management Services Officers, Administrative
Assistants:

The memo below is being sent to the dlist-l listserv. Thank you for
serving as one of the representatives for your department to receive
this memo. Please distribute this message to the colleagues in your
department.

Thank you.

****PLEASE GIVE WIDEST DISTRIBUTION*** *

April 13, 2010

TO THE CAMPUS COMMUNITY

Dear Colleagues and Students:

campuses to find ways that our university can support the rebuilding of
Haiti, a group of UC students has taken the initiative to organize a “UC
Haiti” Summit. As a UC system, we have much talent and expertise in many
different fields needed to assist the Haitian people in the long process
of rebuilding their earthquake-devastated country. We are pleased to
support our students’ efforts in putting together this Summit.

A series of meetings is being planned to take place on *April 24, 2010,
*at the *UCSF Mission Bay campus*. The day will involve discussion among
UC students, faculty, and staff to identify possible projects, explore
collaborations, and develop a plan of action.

Members of the UC community have a long and proud history of public
service, and the long-term rebuilding of Haiti is an effort where our
faculty, staff, and students may wish to contribute their talent,
creativity, and expertise.

Please send all inquiries to uchaiti at gmail.com
<mailto:uchaiti at gmail.com>. Interested individuals can register for the
Summit by going to www.tinyurl.com/uchaiti