[angr] identifying statically- and/or dynamically-linked library calls

Yan zardus at gmail.com
Fri May 6 18:05:42 PDT 2016

Hello,

Sorry about the late response; I was trying to be lazy and see if someone
else would answer it :-)

For statically linked binaries, the only thing we really have that can
identify functions is probably the bindiff implementation (see
`project.analyses.BinDiff`), by abusing it to detect functions similar to
the function you want to identify. It's not really made for this, but could
probably work. We don't have FLIRT itself implemented, though.

The dynamic case is tricky.. I was going to say that you should use CFGFast
to get all functions that end in a single indirect jump, but CFGFast
probably won't support what you need. Fish, do you have any ideas?

- Yan