[angr] can not symbolic execution on any type of C code

Yan zardus at gmail.com
Wed May 4 13:20:45 PDT 2016

As an elaboration:

When a SimProcedure can't handle enough complexity (i.e., the case here
with scanf), you can avoid using the SimProcedure. This is done by setting
the `use_sim_procedures` flag to False when creating the Project. You can
also avoid using specific SimProcedures (i.e., just scanf) by passing in a
list of exclusions through the `exclude_sim_procedures_list` parameter. Of
course, the whole point of SimProcedures is to reduce the analysis
complexity, so you might then find that your analysis undergoes a path
explosion. Adding some constraints on the input ahead of time will help
avoid this.

- Yan