[angr] can not symbolic execution on any type of C code

Fish Wang fish at cs.ucsb.edu
Tue May 3 20:21:41 PDT 2016

Hi Mohammad,

When performing symbolic execution, angr-management lacks a lot of useful feedbacks. I would suggest you use angr from IPython or a .py file and do symbolic execution, and see what sort of warnings/errors you get from there. Post whatever error you get and we can see what’s going on.

In general, the SimProcedure _isoc99_scanf works for simple parameters. If your parameters are complex, angr cannot handle it.

Best,

Fish