[angr] CFG for self-modifying code

spark at trendmicro.com spark at trendmicro.com
Mon Jan 11 16:57:34 PST 2016

Hi people,

I was trying to get CFG for a self-modifying shellcode. I used the following code.

project = angr.Project('shellcode.exe', support_selfmodifying_code=True, load_options={'auto_load_libs':False})
cfg = project.analyses.CFG(keep_state=True, enable_symbolic_back_traversal=True)

It appears angr creates a CFG for the original code instead of the modified code. Is there any way to get a CFG by symbolically executing the code? Any example code to do this showing address and disassembly for each path will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Sean

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE